Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Progress

Since we are actually on the Bahamas today, I doing some scheduled posts to play catch up.


Here are some amazing things Michael has been doing lately:

1.  Going from the floor to a sitting position.  I can't believe he's developed the strength to do it finally and I'll be so surprised when I find him sitting up when just a moment earlier he was lying on the floor.

2.  Pulling up to a stand.  If he's got his super-duper leg braces on, he can pull up to stand with a little help keeping his balance.

3.  Cannot get enough of Signing Time.  Yep, his eyes went bloodshot last week when I left him in front of the Signing Time on the TV for too long since he can't blink. (I know, bad mom, but I had a major orange juice meets every corner of the kitchen incident I had to clean up) 

4.  Getting better at babbling and talking.  He'll even respond if you ask him a question (you won't know what he's saying, but he understands he is supposed to respond).

There are some things that haven't been going so well, like his eyes have not been working as well.  And he is having trouble keeping an appetite.  But I am super thankful for the progress he's making.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, we cheer at every little and big thing Mikey can accomplish. I love the fact that he loves Signing Time, that is just fun! Keep up the great work, Liz and Tim, you are awesome! xo Enjoy the Bahamas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got caught up on Liz & Tim blog posts! Liz & Tim & kids, have a super fabulous fun time in the Bahamas! Soak up those family memories. Liz, thanks for your words of wisdom about it will be okay. I needed to be reminded of that too. My heart thrills to see the pics of the kids. I love to see how Mikey is progressing in some of those physical strength area, even while being sick and not having a great appetite or struggling with some other symptoms. He is a BIG Brave in a little body!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ENJOY YOUR TRIP! I think it is so wonderful for you guys, you so deserve it!!! And BRAVO to little Brave! he's amazing. I loved your last post too- you're all incredible and full of God's grace! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete