Thursday, August 23, 2012

Double birthday Part I

We have something really cool in our family.

Whitney and Tim share a birthday and five years ago on August 9th was when that cool tradition began.

Yes, I'm a little behind, but I don't want to miss these memories.

Look closely so you don't miss how much Tim has changed.
Just kidding.  Gotta love how tiny Whitney was back then to just snuggle on her dad's shoulder.  Tim still wears that shirt and has the same haircut, maybe a few more gray hairs though?
This year was super special because Whitney got to have her first friend birthday party.  She invited 5 friends and wanted a "pajama" party.  She invited the four Bailey girls and one other friend who couldn't make it. 
We started out with waffles and strawberries and cream for dinner


She chose a chocolate chocolate heart-shaped cake with Ariel on the top.  We went super simple this year.
Okay, we had more than one Ariel.  But what little girl can't resist 5 Ariel's and one more to grow on for their cake?
And how about a swimming Ariel doll
A personalized pillow!

And these are our traditional pictures with the birthday kid.
 I think I forgot to post Spencer's from his 3rd birthday in May, so here they are:




Whitney is such an easy going sweetheart with a pretty clever sense of humor.  She's easily mistaken for being a few years older because of her height and vocabulary.  I love her charm but mostly her compassion for others, especially for Mikey.

 The birthday fun for Tim and Whitney spanned two days so I'll post more tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. What a great tradition for the smoochy cheek kdouble kiss! I remember when Whitney's Aunt Carrie was a little older than Whitney and pretending to be Ariel in your parents swimming pool. She was so cute and adorable and so Ariel never ages, but lives on in the next generation. Thanks for your delightful post of fun birthday memories!xo

    ReplyDelete