Saturday, July 21, 2012

My name is Michael Wheeler part 1

Hi.  My name is Michael Wheeler and I just turned 1 year old.  Since I can't read or write or even speak yet, my mom is writing in a journal for me.  She wanted to share a little bit about what she wrote about me on Sunday so here is goes:

Today is Sunday so I went to church with my family.  I fell asleep in my mom and dad's arms for part of it.  I went for a stroller ride tonight with my family.  I really like stroller rides and I played with colorful plastic spoons and knives as we road along.  I love to play with those things and play with them a lot on the floor too.  I also like music.  This week, when I visited my doctor at the hospital, they brought me a birthday cake with a big "1" on it.  As they sang, "Happy Birthday," I clapped my hands along with them and kicked my feet because I was so excited.

I love my family a lot.  My dad was told that if I could talk, I would tell him how much I love him.  It is true, when dad is around or comes home from work, I get really excited and hope he will pick me up.  I love my mom too and I am always happy to see her.  If I could say words, I would tell them that and that I know how much they do for me.

A couple more things about me.  I like to feed myself but I don't like sticky, wet food on my fingers.  Yuck!  So I eat a lot of cereal and bread.  I don't like eating food from a spoon and shake my head to tell my mom and dad, but they still make me eat it.  I am learning to drink from a bottle.  That's hard because my face doesn't work.  I love my brother Spencer.  He makes me laugh hard.  I like my sisters too but they are on vacation at grandma and grandpa's so I miss them.  I like to make sounds and have someone copy me, especially squealing sounds.  I am learning to sit all by myself.  My family is proud of me.

2 comments:

  1. This. Is. Just. So. Delightful!!!! Oh, how I wish I could see and hold that little guy and give his brother and sisters big hugs too! Thanks for sharing!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful posts, that keep us informed and paint a clear picture of your journey.
    Prayers daily for Michael and you all.

    Hugs,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete