Last night, some dear friends came to visit us. On the way out, one of them said to me, "You look so peaceful and calm. It must be all the prayers from others that are helping you through this time." I've been thinking about it and I would definitely agree. Thank you for your prayers. The strength is real.
Today the occupational and physical therapist came and checked several of Michael's motor functions. He still has far to go to regain what was lost, but the occupational therapist said the movement of his hands is the best she's ever seen in a post-operation baby this soon. His neck has trouble turning, but things look promising. He wasn't too thrilled when they had him sit up and try to hold up his head, but he did well. This little boy is amazing.
We celebrate little milestones each day. We celebrate poop and hand squeezes and swallows. Last night I took some time to wash his body and I sang to him and loved him. I am so lucky to be his mom.
I go to the blog several times a day, and I pray several times a day for Michael and for you and for Tim and for my sister Pat being with your kids, and for your kids.... Thank you for sharing the reality of this experience. My heart literally swells with aching and love and I get tears thinking of you saving his life, and loving him so much!!! As I keep thinking about this horrific trial for Michael, I feel that our Father in Heaven knew you, Liz and Tim, would stand by him through the unknown in the past and ahead. I realize how critical it is that I keep praying--and fasting--for Michael and for you and your family!
ReplyDeleteOkay . . . I really lost it with this post. Sure, I shed plenty of tears LAST week, but I held it together most of the days. I couldn't do it today. Seeing you look at him in almost the same position as you are at the top of the blog . . . seeing through your body language how MUCH you love that little baby . . . seeing him trying to look at you but unable to smile . . . it was more that I could keep in. It makes me go to my kids and give them as much love as I have in me! Thank you for your faithful examples. We are constantly praying for you, and I'm so grateful that the prayers are working!
ReplyDeleteI love this picture. You can just see his strength and like Emily said your love for one another. We just love you guys. Always in my thoughts and prayers. You are an amazing Mom and all your children are so lucky to have you.
ReplyDeleteI just sit here and cry. You guys are so strong and we love you so much. we are praying for you too, and while going through everything with Maisy I could physically feel my burdens lifted through the prayers of so many. it sounds like you feel that too. our thoughts are with you.
ReplyDeletelook at him sitting up!! that really is a milestone ... sometimes it's the smallest things that are the real miracles.
ReplyDeleteyou are constantly in our prayers (which have increased in number exponentially)
love you
love, Korie and family
-- love those grumpy looks he gives!! If he's healthy enough to be grumpy that's a really good thing.
Liz, everything you write is so surreal, it's almost like watching a based-on-a-true-story movie unfold. Every time I read (or re-read) your posts, I wish I could hop in my car and drive to Denver. I think we all feel that way. First of all, you are so strong. With everything you were dealing with in the weeks leading up to this moment... not everyone can handle such chaos and stress as you have done. My goodness, your baby was sick! That alone will max out the stress levels for any mother! My heart aches for little Michael and what he's been dealing with for months. Bless your heart for being a mother bear and listening to the Spirit and yes, saving your baby's life. Surely the Lord has sent angels to comfort Michael and strengthen you and Tim. What sweet pictures you post; thank you for allowing all of us to be part of this experience. Like others posting on here, I have a constant prayer in my heart for you and your family. Also, if you have a moment, could you let us know how your other sweet kids are dealing with everything? I'm SO glad your mom is there; she is truly an angel on earth.
ReplyDeleteMuch love and many hugs,
Jenny
You are so lucky to be his mommy!!! So happy to hear about his milestones!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful thing--to see you two looking at each other, you cheering Michael on for his strength, his efforts. I'm so proud of him.
ReplyDelete