Friday, January 13, 2012

Grandma's Here

Grandma Bellamy arrived around noon today to help out.  Liz picked her up at the Denver airport, which fortunately is really close to the hospital.  Within minutes of grandma arriving at the PICU, the nurse called a Code Blue situation--Michael had stopped breathing and was turning blue.  After a host of nurses arrived to help, he was quickly stabilized and resumed his breathing.  Turns out his breathing tube had become disconnected, so fortunately it was an easy remedy.  So after a pretty calm morning, Grandma got quite a show upon her arrival!

This morning Michael had another MRI to see how much of the tumor is still left.  Hopefully we'll see the results soon.  Other than being a little over excited to see Grandma, Michael's been doing really well so far today and will hopefully be off of his breathing tube soon.

5 comments:

  1. I send my love and fervent prayers on Michael's behalf and for you. Thank you for giving access to the blog. This strikes very close to my heart, for I love you all very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this book called "the message" by Lance Richardson and it has given me a new appreciation for how prayers work and I know that the prayers that are being sent your way are being heard and answered. hang in there -- we love you and hate to see you suffering.
    love, Korie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Grandma Bellamy! Glad she's there. We are all thinking of you here in Rocklin. Thanks for blog, so we can see Michael and hear how he's doing. Hugs & Kisses for that sweet little guy! gina & fam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, I had no idea until I checked this today. You're all in our prayers for a fast recovery for the little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are sending our love and prayers your way Liz and Tim. So glad your mom made it. Thanks for keeping us posted. Love you all do much!
    Aunt Cay and Uncle Bill

    ReplyDelete