Thursday, April 25, 2013

MRI results

Liz took Michael to Children's hospital this morning for his 3-month MRI.  It's clean!  Dr. Foreman was very pleased with the progress Michael is making.  He's actually grown 4 inches since his last MRI 3 months ago.  This is remarkable since there was a good chance radiation was going to wipe out his ability to produce growth hormones.

Also, this last week we've seen him trying to close his eyes!  He mostly does it when he's upset, like when we try to feed him puree's from a spoon.  In the past he could only close them at night when he's asleep, and he's progressed in recent weeks to being able to half-close them when he blinks.  It's great he's still making progress in that department.

He still likes to climb up the stairs whether we're watching or not.  He can do it pretty well for the most part, but he's had a couple of tumbles when he loses his balance.  Fortunately nothing serious.

8 comments:

  1. OH!!! SOOOOO WONDERFUL!!! I am soooo happy for you all. What a miracle boy he is!! God is so good. Please let Liz know I got her email at Easter, it brought tears to my eyes. Im sorry for not writing back, life is going so fast and crazy right now, but I think of you all often and continue to pray for good things like these!! Your faith is a continual inspiration to us. We're so grateful to know you and see these modern day miracles happen.
    WAY TO GO MIKEY!!! You're a rock star!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Every little bit of good news from you makes me so happy. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy for you guys- I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I saw this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great news today! We are so happy with this news and the little bits of progress Mikey is making! Love you ALL! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Congratulations!!! I hope that will help ease your stress during the transition of having a new baby. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome news!!!! I've just did some catching up on your blog--I had fallen behind. I just want you to know how my heart is filled with love and admiration for all of you! Words cannot express!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooo happy to hear this news!!! I can't even believe he has grown 4 inches, that is awesome...i didn't even know he was climbing stairs either....great progress!!

    ReplyDelete