Michael continues to make steady progress. Today they removed the last of the wires and tubes he was hooked up to, so he's finally gone wireless! His recovery thus far has been nothing short of miraculous. We were expecting to spend 2-3 weeks with him in the hospital. He could go home as early as tomorrow, only 5 days after his surgery! Of course we're knocking on wood, not holding our breath, and citing all the usual disclaimers.
The ophthalmologist came today to check out his eyes. It's still a matter of watching and waiting to see how much of his vision he'll get back, but there are some therapies we can do to try and maximize his vision. We can tell he has a little bit of his vision back. There's a toy in his crib with soft lights and relaxing music and sounds that helps soothe him when we're trying to get him to sleep. Last night when we turned it on for him he just stared at it, completely mesmerized by it. It was so cute watching him. Today he's tried really hard to focus on our faces. It's exhausting and frustrating for him, but he keeps trying. What a trooper.
We took Michael for a wagon ride around the hospital today. He enjoyed the nice break from his hospital room.
Today I've been thinking about the miraculous bodies we each have, and the power they are given to heal. And as I look at this picture of you with Michael in the wagon, I am reminded of the miracle that you are Michael's parents. How filled with faith and hope and charity for this precious little brave you really are!
ReplyDeleteInteresting how our thoughts are connected...just this morning I remarked to Sam how I knew that Mikey had been sent from above specifically to Tim and Liz because they would each have the individual and combined strengths that Mikey would need at this time. I love your devotion to each other, to Mikey, Sarah, Whitney and Spencer. Sometimes health difficulties pull couples apart, but with you that is simply not the case, but the quite opposite has occured, you seem closer than ever. I love how you are following "The Plan" you are truly an inspiration to Sam and me. Thanks for the update! We remain ever praying for Mikey and you! xo
ReplyDeleteSo happy with his progress!! He is healing so fast, it is a miracle! Love the updates!
ReplyDeleteWow, what an Easter miracle that Mikey's recovery has been so quick! Hooray for no more wires. We're praying that you get to go home and spend Easter with all the kids. I'm sure Mikey loves being with his sibs rather than a boring hospital room! Tim & Liz, we pray everyday for YOU to be blessed with special strength, as well as for Mikey's remission from cancer. Thanks for sharing the good news, now we'lll just be waiting anxiously to hear about his eyes....what a brave little sweetie.
ReplyDelete